Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Top Ten Reason I Love The OKC Thunder

For those of you who don't like basketball or have been living under a rock, The NBA Championships started last night.



Yes. They are amazing. 



For those of you who don't know, the competitors are the OKC Thunder and Miami Heat. (also, if you don't know this, we're probably not friends. Just saying'.)


As you should know by now, I'm an avid, die-hard OKC Thunder Fan. I love my boys. I root for them, I laugh with them and I cry with them.

OK, I've never actually met any of them, but I still feel emotionally connected to them. It's called fandom. If you've never partaken in it, you won't understand. If you have, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

#10- They play amazing as a team. No really, they are so cohesive. Sure, individuals are prima donnas at times, but in general, they're very team oriented.

#9- My team plays the game. And they play HARD. Every.Single.Time.

#8- Scotty Brooks. We acquired the Thunder (previous Seattle Supersonics) only four short years ago. Needless to say, Scotty is one hell of a coach. And he is always level headed whether we are down or up. It's amazing.

#7- We're the "underdog" who as prevailed. We were always too young, too inexperienced... too... too... too. Yeh, we've proved that wrong.

#6- The unity they've brought to Oklahoma. Male or Female, Young or Old, Sooner or Cowboy, we all love them. ALL OF US.

#5- The Beard. Have you seen that thing. You should fear it. No really, it's full of secret's James himself doesn't even know.

#4- How we play in the fourth quarter. We've been down by double digits and come back to win. That's not luck. That, my friends, is skill. Not to mention, Kevin Durant is freaking clutch.

#3- NICK.FREAKING.COLLISON.

#2- The Peake. (aka Chesapeake Arena, Home of the OKC Thunder) The energy is ALWAYS amazing. But during playoffs, you're lucky if you're able to HEAR when you leave.

And the number one reason I love the OKC Thunder..

#1- The Fans. Because no matter what, if you encounter another dedicated Thunder fan, you automatically have a connection and a Thunder family that you will gladly be welcomed into.

All these things being said... THUNDER UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment